- Collaborative Health Consortium Brings the eCollaboration Forum to HIMSS 2012
HIMSS12, this year’s conference and exhibition from the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, is expecting record attendees. This eCollaboration Forum marks the first partnership between HIMSS and an outside organization in developing a program for the annual event. “We’ve put together an incredible program around Collaborative Platforms in conjunction with HIMSS,” said Steve Adams, VP of Collaborative Care and Health Improvement at Alere and Chair of the event. “We have an amazing group of people who have committed to this movement, and this Summit, and I’m excited to be a part of it.”
Collaborative Platforms: Foundations for Transformation to Accountable Care
First Annual Conference Centered on Strategies for the Future of Collaborative Health Care
Centennial, CO – 9 February 2012 – The Collaborative Health Consortium, formerly known as the Clinical Groupware Collaborative, announced the agenda today for the first-ever eCollaboration Forum, part of HIMSS12 on February 23, 2012 in Las Vegas, NV. HIMSS12, this year’s conference and exhibition from the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, is expecting record attendees. This eCollaboration Forum marks the first partnership between HIMSS and an outside organization in developing a program for the annual event. “We’ve put together an incredible program around Collaborative Platforms in conjunction with HIMSS,” said Steve Adams, VP of Collaborative Care and Health Improvement at Alere and Chair of the event. “We have an amazing group of people who have committed to this movement, and this Summit, and I’m excited to be a part of it.”
This year’s eCollaboration Forum explores collaborative platforms as foundations for transformation to accountable care. Attendees and others can follow hashtag #eCollab12 on Twitter for Forum highlights.
The one day forum will feature:
- Farzad Mostashari, National Coordinator for Health Information Technology on Health IT Platforms and Accountable Care
- Former National Coordinator for Health IT, Rob Kolodner, with a look at Open Health Tools
- A look at emerging strategies for care coordination from John Mattison, Kaiser Permanente
- Lessons learned from TWO leading web platforms: Amazon Web Services and Salesforce.com
- Discussion on the need for consumer focus and input on platforms with ePatient Dave deBronkart
- A view from the edge of innovation with Esther Dyson, EDventure and leaders from HealthLoop, Iora Health and USC
- A glimpse at the future of health care platforms with Shahid Shah, HealthcareGuy.com and Vince Kuraitis, Better Health Technologies
- The role of open tools and open data, including Blue Button data and the SMART project
- Discussion on the changing business of healthcare with AmeriHealth Mercy and United Health Group
Due to the limited seating at the forum, the Collaborative Health Consortium will also be broadcasting the sessions in an all-day webinar. Details and registration can be found on the eCollaboration Forum website.
About Collaborative Health Consortium
The Collaborative Health Consortium, formerly known as the Clinical Groupware Collaborative, is a not-for-profit industry group of passionate individuals and organizations devoted to enabling collaborative care and the businesses, technology and care delivery ecosystems that support collaboration for better health.www.collaborativehc.org
HIMSS is a cause-based, not-for-profit organization exclusively focused on providing global leadership for the optimal use of information technology (IT) and management systems for the betterment of healthcare. Founded 50 years ago, HIMSS and its related organizations are headquartered in Chicago with additional offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. HIMSS represents more than 38,000 individual members, of which more than two thirds work in healthcare provider, governmental and not-for-profit organizations. HIMSS also includes over 540 corporate members and more than 120 not-for-profit organizations that share their mission of transforming healthcare through the effective use of information technology and management systems. HIMSS frames and leads healthcare practices and public policy through its content expertise, professional development, research initiatives, and media vehicles designed to promote information and management systems’ contributions to improving the quality, safety, access, and cost-effectiveness of patient care. To learn more about HIMSS and to find out how to join them and their members in advancing their cause, please visit their website at www.himss.org.
- National eHealth Collaborative Convenes Consumer Consortium on eHealth
- Continua Health Alliance and the NFC Forum Collaborate to Expand Connectivity, Simplify Data Exchange in Healthcare IT
- New York eHealth Collaborative 2011 Gala and Awards Ceremony Announces Health IT Innovator Honorees
- Debate suddenly shifts on birth control
The furor over President Obama’s birth-control insurance mandate appears to have vaporized as quickly as it blew up.
- OVERNIGHT HEALTH: Obama budget sets up health exchanges
Obama’s $76.4 billion budget for Health and Human Services sets up a year-long fight over the healthcare
- Senate Republicans press Supreme Court to strike healthcare mandate
Forty-three Senate Republicans filed a brief Monday urging the Supreme Court to strike the individual mandate in President Obama’s healthcare law.
The brief echoes the arguments made by the 26 states that filed the legal challenge. If Congress can require people to buy health insurance, the brief argues, it could mandate almost any purchase. Critics of the mandate say it takes the unprecedented and unconstitutional step of requiring economic activity, rather than regulating it.
Digest powered by RSS Digest